Last year I made a list of 101 Things in 1001 Days.Â Â That is, a list of 101 specific goals that I want to accomplish in 1001 days.Â Here’s my list.Â It has been a huge motivator for me in the last year, and I’m definitely planning on starting another list as soon as my 1001 days are up!Â (Want to start your own list of 101 Things in 1001 Days project?Â Look here to get started!)
How can just sitting down and making a list of your goals really help you to start living the life you want?
Writing your goals down will help you get a clear idea of exactly what it is you want to accomplish.Â Putting it down on paper or the computer will help focus your I think you’ll be surprised at how much of an effect it has on your motivation when you are always thinking about what you want to accomplish.
Goal Setting Tips
- Make your goals specific; write downÂ exactly what it is that you want to do.
- Make them achievable.
- Break your goals into categories.Â My categories are: finances, health, hobbies, travel, work, learning, and personal growth/relationships.
- Give yourself a time frame for accomplishment.
- Set goals that YOU want to achieve.Â Don’t make goals just because someone else thinks it’s a good idea.
- Keep your list handy, so you will be reminded of your goals.Â (Remember: Out of sight, out of mind!)
- Revise your list if necessary.Â I’ve changed quite a few of my original goals since I first made my list.Â I realized that I didn’t really want to do some of them, or they just weren’t realistic goals.Â Doing this is okay
How to Make Goals Work for You
- Visualize yourself achieving your goal.
- Update your progress often.
- Tell people about it!
- Map out your way to achievement.Â Making a plan for your goals will really help.
- Celebrate your accomplishments!
- Just Do It.Â Sometimes you just have to get tough with yourself.
My challenge for you is to sit down and list your goals.Â Make plans for achieving them, and get excited about it!Â Feel free to share some of your goals here.Â And feel free to ask questions.Â Good luck, and have fun!
Good thoughts are no better than good dreams, unless they be executed.Â -Ralph Waldo Emerson